Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free 3 Tips On How To Avoid Drain Blockage
A Clogged Drainage System Can Be A Terrible Inconvenience Especially If It Happens When You Least expect. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. However, regular maintenance can help avoid these problems.
Blocked drains are often the result of the slow build - up of small objects, dirt, and grease. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
However, By Following These Rules You Can Avoid A Clogged Drain
1. Get a plunger and use it - plungers work effectively on minor clogs.
2. Remove the stoppers in the bathtub and clean out your drain a couple times a week. Don't forget to wash the stopper before putting it back in the drain.
3. If You Suffer From Hair Loss, Ensure There Is A Barrier (Mesh) On The Plug When Washing Your Hair In The Bath Or The Sink Make sure hair does not go into the pipes of the bathroom the same way you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink when you do the dishes.
4. Eliminate hair build - up in the drains by giving your hair a good brushing before you take a shower so that all the loose hair would be removed prior to this.
5. Get grates installed over your drains. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Benefit from periodic servicing and inspections done by a drainage company even if you don't call them and you can do this by going into a contract with them yearly. Companies like Drainage Buckinghamshire in Buckinghamshire have specific packages for different periods. The drainage system of your home will benefit from maintenance and telling your family about this is a good idea.
8. Cease using chemical cleaners. They make them spoil and rust.
9. Don't Put Your Waste Or Any Object In Your Drains. Always dump trash in the dustbin.
10. Try to avoid the introduction of oil, fat, meat, rice, hair, gum, grease, medications, condoms, cosmetics and similar item's into your drain.
11. Ensure that only water flows down your sink drain and nothing but urine, faeces and water through your toilet drain.
12. As A Practical Technique; Use A Straightened Wire Coat Hanger With A Hooked End, And Slide It Into The Drain Hole. extract Debris And Similar Blockages From Your Drains.
13. Pour hot salty water through your sink to prevent grease from amassing in your drain.
14. There are many other ways to maintain your drains, some which work, and some which don't. The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
If you have drain issues and these tips don't help, don't overdo it and damage your drain especially if you don't have a contract with a drainage company. Avoid damages and instead, reach out and give a plumber a phone call. The specialists at Drainage Buckinghamshire are your best option if you live in or around Buckinghamshire.